Wednesday 29 October 2008

Day 1 at the 2008 Fuel Cell Seminar & Exposition, Phoenix


Greetings from the Fuel Cell Seminar and Exposition in Phoenix, Arizona. I’m Steve and I’ll be recounting a few of the high points from this weeks show.

Monday was arrival day, lots of people milling around the hotel waiting for their rooms to be available for move in - including me !! So I took the time to go and register and pick up my information for the show, nice to see it’s on a CD so we don’t have to haul a ton of paper back on the plane (and environmentally friendlier too).

Also, I dropped by the Exhibit hall to see how things were progressing, it’s good to watch these guys put everything together, it’s very impressive. When I arrived the Flex booth was half complete (see picture), which was reassuring. I’d never seen this booth in person, so I was pretty impressed by the final product when I came back in the evening.

Monday evening Bruce and I attended the exhibitors only reception, I guess the open bar ensured everyone stayed around for some “networking”. It was very interesting to see a few folks who are already Thermiculite 866 customers here. It was also good to see some companies that are suppliers to us in our non-fuel cell business, they are here mostly to see into PEM cells, which seems to be the most well represented technology here.

Tomorrow there are a significant number of papers and posters on SOFCs, which is when the show kicks off for real. Check out tomorrow’s blog for updates on that.

Cheers
Steve

No comments: